Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday, 9:38 a.m.

I am STOKED! I just finished the seventh puzzle, a very clever 21 by one of my favorite constructors (and one of the stars of the movie "Wordplay"), Merl Reagle. I had one crossing that was a little suspect, but I confirmed with Bob that those answers were CORRECT!

I am almost assured finishing better than last year.

And one other thing: when I scanned the results after I finished Puzzle #7, I discovered something that I didn't know beforehand (and may have hampered my results on this puzzle): through six puzzles, I am LEADING D Division! I certainly didn't find anyone higher than 122nd, my current ranking, in the D class, and most of the others were in the high 200's to the 400's.

More later... this is getting exciting.

(EDITED LATER: It turns out that I was actually second in D Division, trailing by about 200 points. I more than made those up on the 7th puzzle to overtake Mike Nothnagel by less than 100 points. That puzzle and good scores on 1, 3 and 4 really made a difference.)

No comments: