Saturday, March 25, 2006

Saturday, 4:53 p.m.

Just went upstairs to change my shirt. That soaked me.

Puzzle 5 was tough as billed; guess I'll be riding the E-train next year.

That's what makes Maura Jacobson's puzzles so special; they come at the end, like they do in New York Magazine. No matter how tough what's come before has been, she always knows how to put a nice bow on it.

Incidentally, that 500 contestants R.W. mentioned in the last post is a Stamford record. The tournament is growing, not by World Series of Poker leaps and bounds (they're expecting 8000 there this year, up from 5600), but it's growing just the same.

I am looking forward to a fun evening of seeing the film, and connecting with some of the new friends I've made this year. Perhaps some more late night games are in order tonight!

No comments: